Natural Green Brand
Tepezcohuite Body Lotion
What it does
This innovative skin healing body lotion combines the anti-inflammatory, nourishing and structural strengthening properties of Organic Tepezcohuite with hydration balancing and moisture locking properties of Hyaluronic Acid, Organic Camellia Seed Oil, Honey, Aloe and Mango. This complete formulation will help to boost collagen and elastin production while nourishing skin and balancing its hydration and moisture levels.
- Organic Tepezcohuite Extract: Tepezcohuite is an amazing collagen stimulator and cellular regenerator. Derived from Mexico’s Skin Tree, it was first used by the Mayans to treat numerous skin lesions. It was also used as a first aid remedy during several natural catastrophes in Mexico, to protect burned skin and accelerate its healing rate!
- Hyaluronic Acid: Naturally occurring polysaccharide that provides skin with hydration, structural stability, and lubrication. Our high quality, low-molecular weight (8-15kDa) Hyaluronic Acid derived from glucose, soy peptone & yeast extract. Smaller molecules enhance skin penetration for an added smoothness and softening effect on skin.
- Aloe: Potent skin moisturizing and healing active that strengthens structural fibers and improves skin’s resilience.
- Honey (Healing): Natural skin cleanser and softener.
- Mango: Helps to smooth out wrinkles and prevent against the drying of skin
- Watermelon Extract: A powerful antioxidant that is rich in Vitamin C and Amino Acids. Helps to promote cellular regeneration and balance epidermal moisture levels.
- Vitamin E: Excellent antioxidant that also provides moisturizing, soothing and calming properties.
- Organic Camellia Seed Oil: Vitamin E, Polyphenol and Antioxidant rich natural oil.
What else to know
Tepezcohuite has been researched by several universities worldwide and health ministries and is currently a part of several extensive studies. Findings include that Tepezcohuite bark contains a strong analgesic, tannins (130mg per 100g), lactones, flavonoids (1.0-1.2mg per ml), saponins, and numerous olingo elements. It has also been shown to inhibit the activity of Hyaluronidase which is a family of enzymes that catalyse the degradation of hyaluronic acid. Inhibiting this enzyme will help to maintain the integrity of hyaluronic acid in one’s skin. Tepezcohuite has also been found to stimulate the mitotic potential of skin cells (cell division), clearly showing its regenerating properties.