For those of you who enjoy regular facial peels, it is likely that you are an ambassador of this beauty solution, proudly showcasing the healthy, glowing skin it gives you. However, if you’ve never had any kind of peel before, then the prospect of applying such powerful ingredients to your face may be quite daunting. If this sounds like you, then our Lactic Acid Peel is the perfect product to start with.
What Is A Lactic Acid Peel?
Lactic acids are hydroxyl acids. These types of acids are excellent at penetrating and exfoliating the skin, and originate from milk and fruit sugars. Lactic acid peels are considered the gentlest type of peel and are more suitable than glycolic or salicylic peeling products if you are new to facial peels or have sensitive skin. There are many lotions on the market that contain lactic acid to combat signs of aging and sun damage. Lactic acid peels offer the same, concentrated benefits.
What Results Can You Expect?
These peels are so popular because they encourage skin cell renewal. As a result, they are great for increasing collagen production, giving the skin a smooth, even, improved texture and ultimately, resurfacing the skin to unleash a fresh, glowing complexion. Whether you have fine lines or visibly sun damaged or acne scarred skin, a lactic acid peel can quickly give you your confidence back.
How Does It Work?
After applying a thin layer of our Lactic Acid Peel to the surface of the skin, this powerful ingredient quickly gets to work to eliminate the dead cells that lie on the skin’s surface by gently removing germs, toxins and other harmful components. The bond that holds these cells to the surface of the skin is weakened and new growth of skin and collagen is promoted. Soon, the dead skin cells are completely removed, unleashing only soft, smooth, fresh and glowing skin.
Why Is It Perfect For A Facial Peel Beginner?
This is the gentlest peel on the market and we stock various strengths to suit beauty fans of all levels of experience. If you’re just starting out with this lactic acid peels, we recommend using our 25% variation before moving up to 40%. Even if you have dry, sensitive skin this strength of lactic acid, derived from natural ingredients, can help to exfoliate and rejuvenate your skin without causing discomfort. Once you become confident and gain experience using these peels, you can progress to a 60 – 80% strength product and enjoy dramatic results.
How Is it Used?
We recommend that lactic acid and other facial peels are only used by professionals in order to protect your radiant skin from burns or other misuse, so if you’re new to peels, why not speak to your local salon about applying the treatment?
While you do so, here is our recommended Lactic Acid Peel protocol:
- Remove your makeup and ensure your face is properly cleansed, using an oil-free product
- Once dry, applying a pre-peel product such as our Pre Peel Treatment over your face will prepare your skin for the peel.
- Apply the lactic acid peel, carefully following the individual instructions and leave on for 1-5 minutes, depending on the directions.
- To neutralize the peel, liberally apply a post peel product such as our Post Peel Treatment Serumto all areas. Do not was off the peel without neutralizing it first. Expect a foaming sensation, as well as a warm, tingling feeling!
- Leave on for 10 minutes, until the foaming and the tingling has ceased, before washing the product off thoroughly.
- To replenish your skin, we recommend finishing your treatment by applying your favoritemoisturizing serum or cream. If you’re not sure which one is right for you, we recommend our Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum, packed with healthy, hydrating ingredients.
What Else Should I Know?
Anyone who is skincare savvy knows that in order to protect it from signs of premature aging, it is important to wear sunscreen every day, using products with at least SPF 15 or more. If you start to regularly use chemical peels, such as our Lactic Acid Peel, it is important that you abide to this rule, as your skin can become even more sensitive to the sun’s rays.
If you need any more advice regarding facial peels, or our Lactic Acid Peel product, take a look at what our users have said online, or get in touch with a helpful member of our team.
Tags: chemical peel for beginners, gentle chemical peel, lactic acid peel, gentle facial peel