Need reinvigoration on your dry skin? Bothered by uneven complexion and hyperpigmentation, among other things? One of the more popular options in resolving your skincare problems is the use of lactic acid peel. But what exactly is this? Here’s a comprehensive guide to help you better understand the many benefits of adding lactic peel to your skincare routine.
All About Lactic Acid Peel
Lactic acid peel is a known variety of alpha hydroxyl acid (AHA) peel; it is essentially sour milk used to smoothen the skin and balance its PH level. Other notable examples of AHA peels are glycolic acid and salicylic acid.
The lactic peel, unlike its fellow AHA peels, has a more moisturizing feel and less likely to impart irritation to the skin. Using lactic acid peel has its advantages:
• Clears out toxins on the skin
• Gets rid of dead cells
• Deep cleanses the pores
• Amplifies collagen production
• Hydrates the skin
Using the Lactic Acid Peel
As the gentler peel of the pack, lactic acid peel works to give the skin a major glow even on the dullest day. To maximize its advantages, make sure to always read the product label before purchasing one.
For lighter use, look for a product which has a 5% acid content. For stronger peels, medium varieties have 10% to 15% lactic acid, and deeper professional peels possess larger concentrations.
When using the lactic acid peel for the first time, be sure to perform a skin patch test first. Here is a step-by-step process to guide you.
1. Place a dime-sized dab inside the forearm.
2. Conceal it with a bandage and leave it be.
3. If there is no irritation or inflammation incurred within the day, you can go ahead and apply the product elsewhere.
4. On the other hand, if there are side effects, do not proceed with the use of the product. If the effects worsen a day or more, consult your dermatologist immediately.
There are also lactic acid serums; a leave-on formula that could be used to smoothen the skin. Concentrations are controlled for these cases, so you can expect the best results.
Other things to note:
• Apply sunscreen in the morning after the peeling procedure to avoid scarring on the skin.
• If you have been newly introduced to using the lactic acid peel, be sure to consult with your dermatologist first.
With the right application, a lactic acid peel can help you achieve the smooth, hydrated skin you’ve always desired. So make sure you follow the right steps to achieve this.
Here at ASDM Beverly Hills, our lactic acid peel solutions are made especially to eliminate dry skin fast and effortlessly. Contact us now for more information and peel your dry skin woes away!